Join the Groen Landscape team! Check out our open positions and apply today.
- Landscape Foreman: 5 years
- Landscaping: 10 years
Required License or Certification:
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who has significant experience in landscape installation management including hardscape, plant materials, and lighting. Ideal candidate will also possess excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage a crew of up to 4 members, prepare daily job reports, correctly read and interpret site drawings and project specifications, understand and meet project labor and material budgets, and train crew members in specific job skills and safety practices.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Landscape Construction Foreman and 10 years in the Landscape Industry, a valid Driver’s License and CDL, demonstrated skills in operating construction equipment such as skid steer, mini-excavator, transit, zip level, etc., and conversant in both English and Spanish.
Position will report directly to the Operations Manager. This is a year-round position with snow removal responsibilities. Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus production bonus.
- Position Title: Shop Mechanic
- Reports To: Operations Manger
- Pay Range: $16-$25/ hour
A Groen Landscape Mechanic must be self-motivated. He/ She is responsible for repairing and maintaining equipment, keeping the shop and yard organized, and aiding in miscellaneous tasks. The major objective of the Mechanic is to save the company money by completing repairs on time, error free, and on budget to keep crews active in the field. Reliability, innovation, and organization are a must to constantly improve work flow and communication gaps.
Mechanic Responsibilities & Duties
- Save the company money!
- Fix broken equipment to industry standards promptly to keep crews working without interruption.
- Maintain and keep clear maintenance records for all the existing power equipment, hand tools, trucks, trailers, skid steers, and dingo’s. Essentially all equipment us under the care of the Mechanic.
- Assist Operations Manager and Landscape Coordinator maintain an accurate stock inventory.
- Teach and educate crews on the basic maintenance requirements specific to division equipment usage.
- Promote safety and adhere to DOT and OSHA requirements specific to company needs*.
- Purchase hand tools, power tools, and repair parts as per PO process.
- Help Operations Manager maintain a clean shop inside and outside.
- Create a monthly rolling budget for projected repair costs.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills of self and others.
- Available after hours for equipment failure emergencies and 24/7 during winter hours for snow plow troubleshooting.
- Rotate seasonal equipment from storage to active duty in a timely manner to avoid delays to crews.
Qualification and Skills
- Certified Mechanic ideal or mechanic experience (minimum 2 years hands on experience)
- Computer & Ipad savvy so as to become learned in LMN Time for time tracking
- (Not mandatory, but preferable) Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Good communication skills
- Disc Personality Test